Saturday, September 8, 2012

Holiday Boutique

It's been a really long week.  First I had 52 hours at my job, the one that keeps me from being a starving artist.  Then I had to plan, research and start ordering items wholesale for my winter SnowyOwl Paper Crafts sales.  I also had to find discounted single versions of the items in order to create one example of each project for the city Holiday Boutique submission requirement Friday, 9/7/12 at 5:00 PM.

I am happy with my success.  I created one small and one large spool ornament.  These are also going to be available in multiple colors, additional embellishments and atleast two other characters - Santas and Angels.

Then I created various boxes for displaying your gift items before and during the holiday season.  These are also going to be available in more colors and designs.  I will have a different green on the tube/box and embellishments making it more of a Christmas Tree.  There will be blue Angels, white Snowmen and red Santas.  The miniture drawers will have more embossed surfaces and a much better paint job.  The tag/mini card shown in one size here and one size in an additional photo will be more decorative and come in various colors.  My favorite the cupcake will be available in various color scemes with additional details/embellishments.

 
Lastly for this season the wall art.  This was the least completed item submitted for review to the city.  I am hoping they see the potential for this item and I did let them know it would be something personalized so maybe they will overlook the blank spaces.  I was having trouble printing royalty free vintage Christmas photos in sizes that would fit in the space I was working with.  I plan to print "Peace", "Joy", "Merry Christmas" and more to place in the larger space and add as a personalization when the purchase is completed.  I will add more embellishments but I ran out of drying time for attaching them.

I also submitted photos of older projects and stated I would be offering them in various colors and embellishments because you are only able to sell what is seen by the selection panel.  I submitted an altered journal and survival kits photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment